Thursday, November 15, 2007

Food is Fuel!!

I just finished recording what I ate for 9days, I assessed 7 of them from Monday to Sunday! I learn t allot more then I thought I would about "myself" by recording my food. I haven't done this for a long time, however clients where asking me what I ate.

Plus my partner is amazed how I can throw food down my gob!!! So I thought "what the hell, why not after all, I get all my clients to record their food consumption! :-)

My results for 7days was 88% adherence to the nutrition programme (ideal is 90%) click here to read 7 Rules of fatloss to see what I was following.

What I learn't in greater depth by recording:
  • NO preparation = NON adherence
  • Confirms my belief of, I LOVE food :-)
  • Food bill goes up!
  • Preparation, Preparation, Preparation
  • Pre-made meals rule!!
On the Sunday I had 4 NON compliant meals, I ate 5-7 times per day, I had fish oil with every meal.

Spida's typical day of eating:
  • 5:30am: Protein Smoothie (Frozen berries, banana, orange, plain yogurt, Vitamineral Green, Whey protein 2 scoops, flaxseed oil, milk)
  • 7:30-9am: Chicken Salad (home made cooked roast chicken shredded it in with raw veggies = Cauliflower, brocalli, spinich, carrots, silver beat, avacado, any veggie that I brought, no limits on it)
  • 11-11:30am: Protein Bar/Mix (home made, was actually more like a porridge = Wheat flake rolled oats, mixed nuts, whey protein, cranberries, honey, maltexo and water mixed. I added too much water so it didn't set like a bar)
  • 1-2pm: Chicken Salad
  • 4-5pm: Protein Mix/Bar
  • 7-8pm: Chicken Salad or cook something else with carbs if I trained
  • 9:30-10:30pm yogurt with almonds, raisins with 1 scoop of protein powder
Other meals: Home made Fruit salad (apple, orange, banana) in plain yogurt with 1-2scoops of protein powder on it. Quick and easy and yummy!!

Supplements:
  • Fish Oil with most meals
  • Anti Oxidant
  • Zinc double strength at 9:30pm often with Ashwagandha.
Training:
  • Resistance Training 1 x Upper body, 1x Legs, 1x arms
  • BJJ 2x in that week
  • Mediation 5x per week
I don't count calories because I find that by following the 7 Rules of fatloss their is NO need to count calories because it's taken care of itself through good habits!!

Food is a form of fuel, so get over the fact you don't like ..... often I don't like raw veggies however I've taught myself to enjoy them! I ate once because of "emotions" I was grumpy and hungry I brought some chocolate and paid the price as I got a headache from the sugar rush!!

Nutrition is a mindset, just like training, achieving a goal! You CAN'T be normal and do normal things with your mates if they aren't on the same page, it's not that they don't care it's that you are looking to progress/achieve something you don't have!