Thursday, November 22, 2007
What is MOvember?
MO replaces No for MOvember! Mo = Moustache! So for 4wks of the year you grow a MO!
Movember is about raising the awareness of Health issues (Prostate Cancer) in Men!
Did you know that men live 4yrs less then females and we also access Health Services 30-40% less then females!!
So I'm doing my bit by growing a MO and raising awareness and $$ for Prostate Cancer. I'm paying it forward to the time me having to get a check up!
Plus I'm communicating with my EGO so when the time comes and check up is required (for any health issue that may arise) I won't allow myself to take the road of, "Their ain't nothing wrong with me, I'm sweet as. Just harden up!!" Like so many of our fellow EGO men!
After talking with my son Kayleb, "what's that dad on your face and why....?" After explaining to him about MOvember, I asked if he would donate some of his pocket money he gets for doing this chores!
He agreed, and has given the money we would normally put in his piggy bank to the cause!
So help me raise awareness of the "harden up bro" mentality for our fellow men and spread the word, that a 4yr old gave some of his pocket money!
500 people donate $10 that's 5k and I've reached 1 of my goals :-)
I raised almost $2,500 for Child cancer in 6days 2yrs ago so I really don't see why I couldn't achieve 5k!!
Remember $10 x 500 people will hit the mark! Click here to not let Kayleb be the only one to give!
I PROMISE you if you give with an open heart, you will get double your return! It may not be in $$ but I PROMISE you, you will get a return far greater then $10 can ever buy!!
Did you know, MO's make you stronger? They sure do ;-)
Told you, 30kg Bicep Hammer Curl. ;-)
Kayleb showing his photo skills of my MO!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Plus my partner is amazed how I can throw food down my gob!!! So I thought "what the hell, why not after all, I get all my clients to record their food consumption! :-)
My results for 7days was 88% adherence to the nutrition programme (ideal is 90%) click here to read 7 Rules of fatloss to see what I was following.
What I learn't in greater depth by recording:
- NO preparation = NON adherence
- Confirms my belief of, I LOVE food :-)
- Food bill goes up!
- Preparation, Preparation, Preparation
- Pre-made meals rule!!
Spida's typical day of eating:
- 5:30am: Protein Smoothie (Frozen berries, banana, orange, plain yogurt, Vitamineral Green, Whey protein 2 scoops, flaxseed oil, milk)
- 7:30-9am: Chicken Salad (home made cooked roast chicken shredded it in with raw veggies = Cauliflower, brocalli, spinich, carrots, silver beat, avacado, any veggie that I brought, no limits on it)
- 11-11:30am: Protein Bar/Mix (home made, was actually more like a porridge = Wheat flake rolled oats, mixed nuts, whey protein, cranberries, honey, maltexo and water mixed. I added too much water so it didn't set like a bar)
- 1-2pm: Chicken Salad
- 4-5pm: Protein Mix/Bar
- 7-8pm: Chicken Salad or cook something else with carbs if I trained
- 9:30-10:30pm yogurt with almonds, raisins with 1 scoop of protein powder
- Fish Oil with most meals
- Anti Oxidant
- Zinc double strength at 9:30pm often with Ashwagandha.
Food is a form of fuel, so get over the fact you don't like ..... often I don't like raw veggies however I've taught myself to enjoy them! I ate once because of "emotions" I was grumpy and hungry I brought some chocolate and paid the price as I got a headache from the sugar rush!!
Nutrition is a mindset, just like training, achieving a goal! You CAN'T be normal and do normal things with your mates if they aren't on the same page, it's not that they don't care it's that you are looking to progress/achieve something you don't have!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
MOvember is here and I'm on a mission to raise over $2000 for Prostate Cancer Foundation!
In order for me to achieve this, I need you to make a donation by clicking on the pictures then once you have kindly donated your moolah please forward this page on to everyone else in your address book!
Spam them I don't care, like I said I'm on a mish to raise OVER $2000 and to make this happen I need your help! I can only "reach" so many people and that's what friends are for right to help?!! :-)
Remember all proceeds go to Prostate Cancer Foundation and MO's are back in fashion, well for a month anyway?!
Like my MO? Can't say I do but hey what the hell, don't judge me before you know me :-)
Here's a couple of facts about Prostate Cancer in NZ!!
- Every year in New Zealand 2,656 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer and about 600 die of the disease, making prostate cancer the second largest cause of male cancer deaths, after lung cancer.
- The average life expectancy of a man in New Zealand is 4 years less than a woman.
All donations are made directly to the Prostate Cancer Foundation of New Zealand who will use the funds to create awareness, increase support networks for those men who suffer from prostate cancer, fund research and scholarship programs.
Me and most people reading this post (before you share it with your list) will be to young to "think" about prostate cancer so think of it as Paying it forward!
Friday, November 02, 2007
- Do Compound Exercises in a Interval fashion that doesn't allow full recovery for your resistance training 3x per week! Time invested 60mins x 3 = 3hrs
- Do 20min Interval cardio training 2x per week that doesn't allow full recovery followed by 20mins power walk/jog/run. Time invested =40mins x 2 = 1hr 20mins
- Eat every 2.5hrs from time you wake
- Eat Protein with every meal
- Eat veggies with every meal (learn to love the green veggies)
- Consume starchy carbs ONLY after training i.e. potatoes, bread, pasta, rice
- Do this 90% of the time every day for 4wks
Knowing and doing are NOT the same so make a choice and make it happen!