Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I Believe....

My man Dax Moy has started a "I Believe" post and I thought I would follow it up with my own version here.

Basically I'm going to post what I believe right "now" with what I "know" and "see"! However first let's define what a belief is and a few other things that I feel are important to cover;

Beliefs:
  1. The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another:
  2. Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something:
  3. Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.

We also need to "clear up" that we can have POSITIVE beliefs that can serve us in a way that we have our life and we can have negative beliefs that don't serve us and provide results that we don't want.

To my understanding most negative beliefs are unconscious because if they were conscious we would no longer believe/do them, this works on the premise that if you actually KNOW you are doing something that doesn't serve your life then you won't do it as a habit!

Right, now that we have that out of the road let's move on to what I believe!



6 Beliefs on Health:

  1. I believe Health & Fitness is FOUNDATIONAL to a Optimal Life, however "health" to me is Mental, Emotional, Spiritual and Physical. The fitness world is driven by the "physical" health of appearance only, this is part due to our own insecurities and what we allow to be "true" to us!

  2. I believe that when embarking on a fat loss journey you need to ensure that you take note of the "journey" not the just the end result. If you have 2 versions of success then you will be twice as wealthy in knowledge of truly understanding the process relative to what you got in return!

  3. I believe that we separate Mental, Emotional, Spiritual, Physical Health! I call these the 4 Pillars, yet they are so closely related that how can we separate them as "parts"? E.g. If I train a client, depending on how I put together the programme I can take them on a journey to discover "things" about themselves that they never new they had in them. Physical training can "tap" into mental, emotional and spirituality and vice verse with any of the 4 Pillars!

  4. I believe health is built on Increasing your Health & Fitness I.Q! This does NOT come in the form of FREE forum's where anyone can be an "expert" on health. I believe in foundations and we all need a good understanding in foundations of all aspects of the 4 Pillars. From having foundations you have more "informed" choices and can "see" things more clearer then what they may be from just a surface choice.

  5. I believe the body is a whole of integrated processes that we have just touched on in the human development. This means to me, yes you can get back pain from emotional trauma and or muscle strain and or over use and or mental trauma and or straight out external force. So please don't throw all your eggs in 1 basket and just say it's a "posture injury" and or "sporting injury" etc... yes you may be weak in particular muscle groups that have not helped your body. But what about "how you think" towards the injury pre and post? Did that play a role of "attracting" it? If you are "injury prone" then I believe you need to look bigger then just "muscle strains" or "muscular imbalances"!
  6. I believe with conviction that I can get anyone down a dress/clothes size in a month! If they have the "will" to succeed, the "desire" to do, the "belief" of I can/will. Then the HOW at my end is what I know!!!


5 Beliefs on Life:

  1. I believe that being connected to the consciousness of the present moment i.e. NOW as you read this, is the "missing key" element in human development! We are bombarded with lots of things that have very little substance but lots of "instant gratification" we have lost touch with the present moment of the things that truly matter, to allow this to happen we need to clear our mind of "thinking" and allow ourselves to sit and "see" what ever you can with what you "know". What ever that is for you, just let that be okay! :-)

  2. I believe that in order to make a difference in this life you have to start with YOU and YOU first only! Don't do it for the external gratification of "changing the world" do it for you and allow those around you to be inspired to move in a direction that is progressive for ALL HUMAN KIND not just their own ego! For me to believe in YOU, I want to SEE you live it, HEAR you talk it and SEE you stuff it up as well so I know you are human! :-) I'm not after a "god" like figure just someone who know's how to turn it "on" and "off" when the consciously choose too!

  3. I believe we are too "intellectual" around having to KNOW everything, this is part of the 1st point of increasing your "awareness" or "consciousness"! The reality is we don't know jack crap epsically on how to bridge the gap of the 4 Pillars of Health!
  4. I believe currently we have an Inverted Relationship with Values & Things. I'm not saying we shouldn't value things or swing the pendulum the other way by being value orientated only, however I do believe we need to have a greater grasp on both rather then an extreme of one or the other. Isn't one's "awareness" the ability to bridge the gap of the 2 to have them both in harmony with each other.

  5. I believe we play a hard game of Black and White, Win/Lose, Love/Hate etc... I believe with conviction if we are to lighten up on this game we will have less of the darker side of life. After all I firmly believe we have it in us to perform the most ugliest forms of acts that you can think of and if you can "accept" this thought then we can look upon those that have performed acts that are devastating through a different set of eyes rather then the eyes of revenge/hate only!

Conclusion:
What I have written above in beliefs are some that I live and some that I aspire to have. Remember beliefs can serve you and they can give you results of what you don't want, always look to question beliefs because like most things in life they change with more awareness and understanding of "things".

What do you believe? Post below to let me know.....


No comments: